Student Counselling and Therapy Services:
- To help students overcome their psychological and emotional difficulties and disorders
- To support students’ psychological growth and development
- To help students restore emotional balance, build self-strength and gain emotional resiliency
- To increase students’ personal and psychological well being
Our Services Include:
- Individual Counselling
- Family Counselling
- Group counselling
- Staff Counselling
- Psychological and educational testing and measurement
- Groups, Workshops and Forums
- Consultation and Outreach
Learning Differences and Disabilities
The Student Support Centre also provides academic support and facilitates reasonable academic accommodations to ACK students registered as having a learning differences and disabilities. It is our goal to ensure that all eligible students have an equal opportunity to achieve their academic goals while meeting the College's academic requirements. We will ensure that students registered with the Student Support Centre receive the academic support they require throughout their academic studies at ACK. We are the main point of contact between the different departments to ensure the students’ needs and concerns are addressed appropriately.
In addition, we conduct individual and small group intervention and remediation sessions for students with learning differences and disabilities including literacy, numeracy and study skills.